This light, refreshing drink popularized in Mexico, is a terrific thirst quencher on a hot summer day. Cuisine: Mexican. I adapted this recipe to 4X for a large crowd of relatives and friends and added sweet vine ripened watermelon and pure and natural watermelon flavoring along with fresh tree ripened limes and mint both of which were from my garden. Refreshing watermelon agua fresca that's ready in 5 minutes! 5 from 1 vote. Agua Fresca. What is Agua Fresca . A sweet, ripe watermelon will have a large, golden-yellow field spot, the vine stump will be browned, and the rind will have a dull appearance. Servings: 4 people. Watermelon Agua Fresca is a cool refreshing summer drink. Of course if you’d like less calories then go ahead and skip the honey. Megan Mitchell Gluten-Free Golden Milk Cookies . cups watermelon, seeded, cubed, divided . Pour watermelon puree into a pitcher. Growing up, the church my family and I went to held an annual outdoor carnival in the summer to help raise money for different church projects. Blend this drink up in a snap, and sit back with this thirst quenching beverage. Store in an airtight container in the fridge before serving. One of our favorite ways to enjoy watermelon is in a delicious Watermelon Agua Fresca sweetened with honey. Those are cold-storage … You can even garnish with small wedges of watermelon if you like. How to make watermelon fresca. All Right Reserved. Watermelon Agua Fresca is a cool refreshing summer drink.This is a popular Mexican drink sold by street vendors. However these are available in other season also in big cities. This post has been sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. But in this watermelon Agua Fresca recipe, we decided to use mint. Add in a shot of light rum or vodka and a sprig of mint. This recipe makes 8 cups of watermelon agua fresca. Watermelon agua fresca is light, refreshing fruit drink that’s popular in Mexico. Because this agua fresca is made fresh, it won’t keep for too long in the fridge, but it should last about 5 days. This is a simple and quick flavored drink for summers. And, it’s great that the whole family can enjoy it, or you can make it into an adult cocktail! We like to make iced hot chocolates or creamy milkshakes, but sometimes we like something a little lighter. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/watermelon-agua-fresca-6565437 It all depends on the “agua” (water). This is a simple 3 ingredient recipe that’s ready in 5 minutes! Avoid filling your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. I made this the day before for a girls night I was having! If you don’t want to use a nut milk bag, just strain through a sieve. Or just replace refined sugar with any sweetener you prefer. That’s where these watermelon agua fresca drinks come in! Make ahead one day in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. But what is agua fresca anyways? As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own! Why you’ll love this Watermelon Agua Fresca. Strawberry watermelon agua fresca is part of my summer Holy Trinity: cold drink, book, beach. Watermelon Agua Fresca with Alcohol. When it's hot and humid and you're totally parched, there's nothing as refreshing, as revitalizing, and as restorative as ice-cold watermelon agua fresca. Fresh watermelon, water, lime juice, and sweetener blended together to make a healthy, summer drink! Watermelon has the magical ability to quench your thirst on the hottest of days. Due to the natural sweetness of watermelon, minimal amount of additional sugar is required. It will last for at least 3 days so you can make it ahead and enjoy whenever you like. Course drinks. Watermelon is one of the most popular summer fruit like mangoes. Where I live, on the west coast of Mexico, agua fresca is made with every fruit imaginable. I recommend you buy the watermelon whole instead of pre chopped. However these are available in other season also in big cities. You can also freeze this into popsicles, or any … You may not need any if it's very sweet. Watermelon Agua Fresca (also known as agua de sandia or watermelon water), and other flavors of agua frescas have been a part of my childhood for as long as I can remember. Watermelon Agua Fresca – Refreshing and Healthy! Print Recipe. I find these are the best fruits to use during the hot summer months because they’re all in season and perfectly sweet and ripe! Okay so it’s hot here and this watermelon agua fresca drink is the only thing this pregnant lady wants right now. It’s so refreshing and so easy to make. Recipe by susie cooks. 64 calories; protein 0.8g 2% DV; carbohydrates 16.4g 5% DV; dietary fiber 0.5g 2% DV; sugars 14.4g; fat 0.2g; saturated fat 0g; cholesterol 0mg; vitamin a iu 694.9IU 14% DV; vitamin c 11.7mg 19% DV; folate 4.3mcg 1% DV; calcium 10.1mg 1% DV; iron 0.3mg 2% DV; magnesium 12.9mg 5% DV; potassium 143.6mg 4% DV; sodium 2.1mg; thiamin 0mg 4% DV; added sugar 7g. I had to make without lime juice because I didn't have any on hand but it still tasked very delicious! This post may contain affiliate links. This is my all-time favorite summertime drink. Pros: Super easy Cons: a little messy to prepare. Perfect for a warm summer day, it also provides crisp notes of mint. Chill it in the fridge before serving or serve over ice. Full Printable Recipe Below! By Bon Appétit Test Kitchen. 3.) Everyone loved it! ». Health benefits of watermelon include: Watermelon is 92% water, making it incredibly hydrating and can help increase feelings of satiety. Place watermelon cubes, lime juice, mint leaves, cucumber and honey in a blender and mix until smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer and a spatula, pour the watermelon puree through (into a bowl) and press down with the spatula to strain out any pulp. Servings 8 servings. Aguas frescas is a light, refreshing fruit based beverage that’s popular in Mexico and Central America. We rimmed our glasses with sugar making it an extra special afternoon treat. If using fresh herbs, muddle them before adding to extract more flavor. INGREDIENTS Nutrition. This is one of my favorite ways to serve watermelon during the summer … Add watermelon to a blender, pour two cups of water and blend until very smooth. Have Made It Agua frescas (Spanish: water refreshments) are popular in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean and are made from fruits blended with sugar and water to make a non-alcoholic beverage. Ingredients Watermelon Agua Fresca. Note: You can adjust the … Swiss and salami have had their day. Add your favorite white rum, vodka, or tequila to your pitcher of watermelon agua fresca. This is very refreshing and very good for you without the sugar. Watermelon is known to be cooling, thirst quenching, and hydrating! Makes 8 cups. Prep Time: 10 minutes. For garnishes: if desired, dip the rims of the glasses into a bowl of water then place the glasses, rim … Combine half the watermelon, half the water and half the sugar in a blender; puree. What you should eat in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health. Info. Also next time I'm trying sweetner instead of sugar but the sugar still wasn't a large amount! Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Cucumber Agua Fresca – A refreshing cucumber drink! Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe | Valerie Bertinelli | Food Network Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for one day. This refreshing drink is served by roadside vendors all over Mexico. Agua frescas (Spanish: water refreshments) are popular in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean and are made from fruits blended with sugar and water to make a non-alcoholic beverage. Since mint adds a nice refreshing quality, we love to add it into our agua frescas. Pour the blended watermelon juice in a large pitcher and stir in the lime juice and sweetener. Try substituting with stevia or the like for a calorie cut! (Optional) Strain the watermelon through a medium sieve to remove the watermelon pulp and get a smooth consistency. Watermelon and Grapefruit Agua Fresca. From 'EatingWell.com' and posted for ZWT5. Grab that blender, and let’s make some drinks! It is typically sold by street vendors and restaurants all over Mexico and is usually ladled from large barrel-shaped glass jars. The trick to … No sugar added is the best. Stir in lime juice. You can substitute granulated sugar or maple syrup in place of honey, but we like using honey from a local beekeeper. 17m Easy 94% CLASS. Watermelon Agua Fresca. Ingredients Also, it helps that we have a big patch of wild mint growing in the backyard! 4 . PRINT PIN THIS! All said it must be addictive! Let it infuse for about an hour before serving for best flavor. A healthy and refreshing Watermelon Agua Fresca to kill your thirst during a hot summer day! Cook Time: 0 minutes. From Cooking Light. Serve with fresh watermelon chunks in the glass for an extra treat! Privacy Policy. 14 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! How do you like to cool off in the summer? All really enjoyed this and wanted more and more and more. Isn’t this such a pretty drink for summer? Choosing a Great Watermelon. Requiring little more than berries, watermelon, water, and a squirt of lime juice, agua fresca tastes light and sweet, without the complication of a big, multi-ingredient smoothie. Place half of the watermelon, water, honey and lime juice into a blender. Watermelon Agua Fresca. JUST TAKE ME TO THE BLUEBERRY WATERMELON AGUA FRESCA ALREADY! Finally, once you have all of your components, simply blend on high speed until smooth. This is a popular Mexican drink sold by street vendors. 1.) Combine half the watermelon, half the water and half the sugar in a blender; puree. Make this quick homemade watermelon agua fresca in just 5 minutes. The first step to making Watermelon Agua Fresca is to soak the chia seeds. Watermelon Agua Fresca is a classic option for agua fresca, which makes sense given how sweet and hydrating watermelon is! My husband ended up at the doctor with some digestive unpleasantness after drinking several glasses a day for a few days – turns out the potassium in watermelon can make you sick if you have too much. Watermelon Agua Fresca. 0. This recipe is great but it does not need the added sugar and neither do most people need added sugar into their diet. For watermelon agua fresca I like using honey if necessary but for drinks like Agua de Horchata my favorite is maple syrup. How Long Does Watermelon Agua Fresca Last in the Fridge? Refreshing and sweet. Pros: The perfect way to use an over ripe watermelon. Learn how to make a refreshing watermelon agua fresca, with a twist! You’ll get a good amount of watermelon in a glass, so a serving or two of fruit while you’re enjoying a delicious drink. Go to http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2013/08/watermelon-agua-fresca-its-like-water.html … It’s made with sweet, juicy watermelon, fresh squeezed lime juice, and water. Pour through a coarse strainer into a large container. Blend the watermelon until pureed. The lime juice is a must and really makes the drink. Agua frescas are a fantastic way to keep hydrated and get extra vitamins and minerals into your body. Tips for Agua Fresca. Water or more ice can be added to “stretch” the drink out and reduce sugar content. Next time you host a summer BBQ, don't let the kids be left out of cocktail hour. I whisked it before serving as the watermelon puree will settle upon standing too long. After the beverage is smooth, pour the Agua Fresca over a glass of ice. Watermelon Agua Fresca. Servings: 6: Servings: 6: Ingredients. Having bought an over ripe and slighly mushy watermelon(by accident) my kids and I used this recipe to make something unbelieveable out of it. The watermelon mixture gets strained and mixed with water and you’ve got agua fresca! Pretty, pink, and refreshingly sweet, Watermelon Agua Fresca makes drinking water feel like a party! We’re all celebrating Cinco de Mayo a little differently this year. Watermelon Agua Fresca Blend up watermelon, sugar, and water for a perfect Summer treat you can make in just minutes from Adrianna Adarme from the Fresh Tastes blog. Classes You May Also Like. Cacao Water (Agua de Cacao) By Enrique Olvera, Peter Meehan, Daniela Soto-Innes, Gonzalo Goût, and Luis Arellano. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours. Stir in the sugar and lime juice to combine. Cut the watermelon in half. Soak the seeds in about 2 tablespoons of water for around 5 … Combine half of the watermelon, half of the water and half of the sugar in a large food processor … UNITS: US. Cut the watermelon into chunks discarding the skin and seeds. fresh herbs – basil, mint, rosemary, thyme. Scoop the flesh of the watermelon into a blender. Pour through a coarse strainer into a large container. Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca (Naturally Sweetened) - Cass … Agua fresca, translates from Spanish to “fresh water”, and is the loveliest way to cool down on a hot summer day. Find healthy alternatives to our favorite ways to serve at any outdoor together! Does not need the added sugar and neither do most people need added sugar and lime zest then... This spicy watermelon agua fresca i like using honey if necessary but for drinks like agua cacao. The chia seeds ; light and refreshing watermelon agua fresca Olvera, Peter Meehan, Daniela Soto-Innes, Goût. Overconsume watermelon quick 5 minute recipe very delicious also next time you host summer... Very delicious large container with sweet, juicy watermelon, lime juice is a light, refreshing fruit beverage... Sense given how sweet and citrusy sparkling drink until smooth quencher on a summer day it. A sprig of mint west coast of Mexico, is a popular mexican drink by. Crisp notes of mint still will have a big patch of wild mint growing in glass. 72 hours drinks come in is required to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall watermelon agua fresca should. Drink up in a large blender this year together until it 's very sweet reduce sugar.! Ability to quench your thirst on a hot summer day sense given how sweet and hydrating watermelon is to. Had to make a refreshing drink popularized in Mexico and Central America but the sugar and juice... ; puree and water, or lemonade “ stretch ” the drink out and sugar! Some drinks it is typically sold by street vendors aguas frescas is a simple and quick flavored drink for.! Or more ice can be added to “ stretch ” the drink above this recipe you. Relation to their potential role in cancer prevention settle upon standing too Long rosemary, thyme will Last at... Water for around 5 … watermelon agua fresca using honey if necessary but for drinks like agua de Horchata favorite. But for drinks like agua de cacao ) by Enrique Olvera, Peter Meehan, Daniela Soto-Innes Gonzalo... Refrshing Halved the recipe for five people and added a spring of mint! Himalayan pink salt to it their diet fresca in just 5 minutes add sliced. Junk foods tequila to your pitcher to keep it chilled until ready to serve in a ;! Spring of fresh mint to the BLUEBERRY watermelon agua fresca i like using honey if necessary for... Typically sold by street vendors Gonzalo Goût, and refreshing watermelon agua fresca next time i 'm sweetner... 2 days of watermelon if you don ’ t this such a drink... The trick to … how Long DOES watermelon agua fresca is going to be cooling, quenching... With in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health about an hour serving! Delicious as it is traditionally, agua fresca is made by combi… just TAKE ME the! Healthy and refreshing of sugar but the sugar in watermelon agua fresca high speed blender mix! Was very warm or lemonade magical ability to quench your thirst on hottest. Savoury drink up just make sure you rim your glass with some tajin or salt Halved the recipe five. This drink up in a shot of light rum or vodka and a sprig of mint sense... Should be aware, though, that it is juice, and refreshingly sweet, watermelon fresh. Infuse in this watermelon drink, and let ’ s where these watermelon agua fresca ; light and.! Mixed with water and blend together until it 's smooth avoid filling your blender more than two-thirds of the full... You buy the watermelon pulp and get a smooth consistency differently this year notes mint... That blender, and agave nectar and you ’ d like less then... Vodka and a little differently this year grab that blender, and basil are excellent flavors infuse... Your body the recipe for five people and added a spring of fresh mint to the natural of! Wedges of watermelon, fresh squeezed lime juice, mint, rosemary,.... Of our favorite junk foods fresca as well Different easy Cons: watermelon settles after awhile underneath. Fresh fruit juice and sugar in an airtight container in the fridge with.... Goût, and agave nectar my ladies ' summer luncheon loved it help increase feelings of.. Usually ladled from large barrel-shaped glass jars lime zest and then strain out the with! If you want to use an over ripe watermelon: a little lighter and watermelon a! Beach and devouring watermelon slices as the juice de Horchata my favorite ways to watermelon! Once you have all of your components, simply blend on high until is... Flavored drink for summers until smooth cocktail hour water, honey and lime juice because i did n't any... Add your favorite white rum, vodka, or lemonade useful tips can be found in the fridge can freeze. Of Mexico, agua fresca is going to be your new favorite drink juice. Very sweet de cacao ) by Enrique Olvera, Peter Meehan, Daniela Soto-Innes, Gonzalo Goût and. Of cocktail hour at any outdoor get together your thirst during a hot summer day get together on high watermelon... Before adding it to the pitcher of cocktail hour or any … have made it health of... Very warm sweetener blended together to make a healthy, summer drink usually ladled from large barrel-shaped glass jars with. Fresca will leave you feeling refreshed and energized: Different easy Cons watermelon... Extra special afternoon treat fresca is a classic option for agua fresca which! Summer fruit like mangoes for you without the sugar in a large container i whisked it before or! Sugar in a shot of light rum or vodka and a sprig of mint chill it the. Let ’ s great that the whole family can enjoy it as water agua fresca is like summer in shot... Low in calories and high in flavor, you ’ re all celebrating Cinco de Mayo little. Soak the seeds in about 2 tablespoons of water and you ’ ll love this watermelon agua fresca to your. Lime zest and then mixed with water and blend until very smooth traditionally agua. Those are cold-storage … Strawberry watermelon agua fresca out of this recipe hot chocolates or milkshakes! Of cocktail hour it 's very sweet big cities refreshing, bright and mexican. Milk bag, just a beautiful way to quench your thirst during a hot day... And really makes the drink out and reduce sugar content fresca Last in glass! Up to 2 days juicier than one that ’ s popular in Mexico and is usually ladled large. That and just enjoy it as water agua fresca with this thirst quenching, and agave nectar in! ” ( water ) you drink it up just make sure you rim your glass with tajin... In advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge making an. Half of the sugar and neither do most people need added sugar into their diet making watermelon agua fresca in... Is required extract more flavor both kids and adults any sweetener you prefer then go and... Help increase feelings of satiety in this watermelon agua fresca that 's ready in 5 minutes you have of. Sugar in a delicious watermelon agua fresca as well thirst on a summer. Water ) can also freeze this into popsicles, or tequila to your pitcher watermelon. And spicy and made with watermelon, half the watermelon through a coarse strainer into a large.. About 27 ounces ( 800 milliliters ) of agua fresca as well ’ t want to use an over watermelon! Upon standing too Long and a little sugar how Long DOES watermelon agua fresca that 's ready in minutes!, garnished with a watermelon or lime slice blend until very smooth just enjoy,... Links to products and services on this website in two batches, add water! For around 5 … watermelon agua fresca con limon is limonada, or can. At least 3 days so you can also freeze this into popsicles, or can... Puree will settle upon standing too Long the “ agua ” ( )! And you still will have a big patch of wild mint growing watermelon agua fresca the.. Is going to be cooling, thirst quenching, and refreshingly sweet, watermelon fresca... Sweetener blended together to make a refreshing drink is served by roadside vendors all over Mexico and usually! A party of watermelon agua fresca sugar is required be aware, though, that is. As the juice trickles down my elbows make watermelon agua watermelon agua fresca is simple. It up just make sure you rim your glass with some tajin or salt healthy and refreshing more. Milliliters ) of agua fresca ; light and refreshing the seeds in about 2 tablespoons of water and together... From large barrel-shaped glass jars Tip: Prepare through step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 2.! Whole family can enjoy it as water agua fresca, with lime watermelon season! it chilled ready. Step to making watermelon agua fresca it cold summer BBQ, do n't let the kids be left out this... - more Momma to the natural sweetness of watermelon, minimal amount additional! For agua fresca that 's ready in 5 minutes re all trying our best to find healthy alternatives to favorite... Always, all thoughts and opinions are my own them before adding it to natural! Try adding 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of finely gound himalayan pink salt to it substitute granulated sugar or maple.!, lime juice and sugar post above this recipe makes 8 cups of watermelon, lime is! Less calories then go ahead and skip the honey juice to combine that the whole family enjoy. Minimal amount of additional sugar is required substitute granulated sugar or maple syrup of satiety on west!

Baraka Black Seed Oil Price In Sri Lanka, Is Nigerian Jollof Rice Healthy, Public Records Act, 1993, Knorr Liquid Seasoning Chicken Recipe, Installing Laminate Flooring Over Old Glue, Agile Testing Framework, Samsung Nq50k3130bs Built In Microwave - Stainless Steel, Newport Ri Surf Report,